Cable Fault Location | High Performance Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
Cable Failure Testing of Power Cables, Coaxial Cables, Data Cables and Communication Cables
High accuracy waveform and numeric cable fault TDR locators used to locate failures within a cable.
Waveform type BTR5000 and handheld BTR1000 models are designed to rapidly identify and locate faults in all types of metal cables such as power, electric, telecom, transportation, and environmental.
BTR5000 model is an advanced instrument capable of identifying a wide range of cable faults with a testing range of 50cm ~ 20,000m / coaxial.
Waveform cable fault locator TDR has tracible memories, which allows previous test results to be recalled for preventive analysis and to evaluate the degradation of the same cable over time. The collected data can be transferred to a computer, for analysis and storage for future references.
Both models are housed in a rugged, robust, field proven case making it suitable for use in challenging environments.
Time Domain Reflectometer TDR Advantages | Cable Fault Finder TDR
Time Domain Reflectometers are industry’s most accurate, quick, and reliable testing units for safe pre-location of cable faults in electrical networks.
LPR Global’s TDR units are designed to locate faults, opens, taps shorts, blockages, resistance in electric cabling, as well as connector locations and overall cable length. Common cable faults include screening faults, phase faults, contact between multiple conductors, signal loss, sheath faults, crushes and breaks, and moisture or cut cable related faults.
We offer two TDR models BTR 5000, larger portable advanced model and BTR1000, handheld time domain reflectometer which are used for fault location in all metal cables such as power cables, coaxial cables, twisted pair, parallel pair, data cables and communication cables.
BTR5000 TDR sends a quick voltage pulse down the cable under test and recognizes any detected impedance abnormalities. TDR cable tester measures the time it takes for the pulse to return, this way revealing the location of the fault in the cabling system displaying the waveform amplitude of the signal connection. Once this information is collected and analyzed, it is stored and can be recalled to evaluate the degradation of the same cable over time and for cable fault preventive analysis.
Cable Fault TDR Locator BTR5000
Waveform type TDR. Displays the outgoing pulse and any reflections which are caused by impedance changes along the length of the cable on the LCD display. Used for detecting smaller faults and for long distance cable testing.
Numeric Cable Fault TDR Locator BTR1000
Numeric type TDR indicates the distance to the first major reflection caused by a fault along the cable. Allows to detect if the fault is an open or short and power loss.
High accuracy BTR5000 and BTR1000 models feature an automatic set-up, equipped with dual trace and step function which can be modified as necessary. All fault data can be stored internally and retrieved for comparison.
Waveform and Numeric TDR Cable Fault Locator Usage Applications
- Troubleshoot all power supply measurements: connection, change of cable type, break in the cable
- Landline preventative maintenance
- Operation surveillance: trace cables to identify runs, wiring faults and the distance to them
- Determine length of cables
- Determine degradation of cables due to moisture and dust
- Test patch cords
- Test for active service
- Map network layout
LPR Global offers the following electrical cable and power analyzer models:
Waveform TDR Cable Fault Locator | BTR5000
Supplying TDR waveform cable fault locator for a wide range of cables inspections. Used to test all types of metallic cables such as power, electric, telecom, transportation, and environmental.
TDR Cable Fault Locator Features BTR5000
- Range: 50cm ~ 20km (1.64 ~ 65,616 ft) for coaxial cable
- Resolution: 2.5cm (.08 ft) at all range
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of reading ±0.1m(.32 ft) for coaxial
- V.O.P setting: 10.0~99.9% (in 0.1% step)
- Pulse: 3ns ~ 10㎲
- Pulse width: 3, 6, 12, 25, 50, 100, 200, 500ns, 1, 2, 5,10㎲
- Display: 7”, 800 x 480 TFT color LCD
- Output impedance: 50, 75Ω
- Input protection: 500 volts (AC+DC)
- Effective sampling rate: 4 GS/s
- Connector: BNC
- Refresh rate: 5 times per second
- Communication port: USB A
- Internal battery: 3.7V Li-ion battery pack, 15,600mAh
- Adaptor: USB A
- Operation time: 6 hours
- Recharge time: approximately 6 hours
- Operating temperature: -15℃(+5℉) ~ +60℃ (+140℉)
- Weight: 2.8kg (6pounds)
Numeric Cable Fault Locator | BTR1000
High accuracy TDR numeric electrical cable fault locator and power analyzer for communication, power, transportation, factory, and construction applications. This cable meter model is used to inspect any types of cables consisting of at least paired (shielded or twisted-pair) metallic conductors, such as coaxial cables, power cables, high power and high voltage cables, control cables, network and telephone cables.
BTR1000 cable meter is used for location of open ends, locating interruptions and short-circuits in metallic cables and is used for long distance cable inspections of up to 3 kilometers. It allows to generate accurate cable fault information based on a specific Velocity of Propagation (VOP) of the cable under test.
BTR1000 cable fault meter model is supplied in a ruggedized dust and waterproof ABS enclosure. The unit is supplied with a soft carrying case which includes a belt clip and a test lead set with an alligator clip.
Numeric TRD Cable Fault Locator Features BTR1000
- Range: 3km, min. distance: 5m
- Accuracy: ± 1.0 % of reading
- Resolution: 1cm
- Repeatability: ± 0.3 % of reading
- V.O.P(Velocity of Propagation): 1.0 % ~ 99.9 % (In 0.1 % step)
- Auto V.O.P set: Support
- User settable V.O.P: 8 memories
- Auto Power Off: Support
- Display: 128 * 64 Character LCD
- Power Supply: 2 LR6(AA) type batteries
- Operation time: 30,000 times with backlight
- Line Voltage Detection: ± 250mV / 500kHz
- Input Protection: DC 48 V
- Safety: (EMC) EN 55011:2009/A1:2012 / EN 61326-1:2013 / EN 61326-2-2:2013
- Size: 63 * 140 * 30 mm
- Operation: -20℃ ~ +70 ℃
- Accessories: Soft Carrying Case, Test Lead Set, Manual
Telecommunications Ping and LAN Tester | i-Ping Tester
Multi-functional network communication and telecommunication ping and LAN cable tester. Ping method tester is used for network configuration, static IP and DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) connectivity check.
Network Ping Tester Features
- Network Standard: IEEE 802.3/802.3u
- Media Compatibility
- 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX
- Auto-negotiation Supported
- 10/100 Mbps full and half duplex
- MDI/MDI-X Auto-crossover: Supported
- LAN Cable Test Method: Each wire(8-pin) connectivity
- Connector: RJ-45, RJ-11
- Display: 2.3” Mono Graphic LCD
- Dimensions: 3.3” x 7.4” x 1.4”
- Weight: Master – 8.1oz. (230g) // (w/o battery) Remote – 2.1oz. (60g)
- Battery: Master- 9V Alkaline(6LR61) // Remote – 9V Alkaline(6LR61) / 9V Carbon-Zinc(6F22)
- Operating Temperature: 10℃ ~ 40℃
Reach out to LPR Global to learn more about cable fault locators BTR5000 and BTR1000 TDR.