PU Elastomeric Couplings
Polyurethane (PU) based flexible couplings for rotating shafts and misaligned shaft connections
LPR Global is a supplier of CE ATEX (II2GD c T5) certified elastomeric couplings designed to tackle tough environments for various applications. Since 1999, our Polyurethane (PU) based flexible couplings have been extensively tested for quality and favored by our clients for flexibility, durability, simple installation and maintenance.
Capable of absorbing impact, twists, abrasions and withstanding even the harshest hot and humid conditions, our elastomeric couplings will provide a solution to fit your needs.
Reduce maintenance costs while improving productivity with our all-purpose couplings that feature a split-in-half element, interchangeable hubs with simple installation and maintenance procedures.
Split-Tire Couplings with Material-Flexing Polyurethane Element
We provide flexible bonded polyurethane couplings with a split tire design for simple installation and maintenance. Manufactured in Korea with over 20 years of experience, our elastomeric couplings are in use in over 28 countries. Flexible and durable, we have gone through numerous quality improvements since 1999 to improve the bonded polyurethane strength to satisfy the coupling requirements for today’s demanding applications in various industries.
Polyurethane (PU) based Elastomeric Coupling Advantages
Applicable industries and applications
Elastomeric Coupling Features
HT Type Coupling
for high torque and torsional stiffness
HS Type Coupling
for hot and humid conditions
Heavy Duty Elastomeric Coupling Features
- Inspect both shafts (driven & driving) and hub bores and comfirm they are clean with no dirty particle or burrs.
- Be sure the keys fit shafts properly
- Mount both hubs to the shafts securing only one hub while the other side hub should be loose for minor adjustment of spacing
- In case tapered is being used, follow bushing manufacturer’s instructions
- If hub is bored for an interference fit, we recommend heating the hub in water or oil bath and after heating, immediately position it on the shaft
- Be careful as spot heat may cause distortion
- Place half of the element around hubs and secure with capscrews provided
- The element will space the other hub. It is important to have the capscrews properly tightened
- For proper placement of capscrews, see Table 1 below for recommended capscrew torques and instructions
- Now secure the other hub to the shaft
- Mount other half of the element to hubs
- Tighten all capscrews
*Above shown Spacer Type coupling installation; the same procedure applies for the standard, HT, and HS type couplings