Automotive Interior Acoustic Thermoforming and Compression Molds and Checking Fixtures
Headliner, Floor Carpet, Trunk Lid, Dash Inner & Outer, Underbody, Luggage Trim, Hood Insulators and Liners
Recognized supplier to the global automotive Tier I&II and OEM industry. Designing and producing reliable automotive interior thermo-acoustic and soft trim interior molds and checking fixtures. We supply thermoforming, compression, foaming, overedge cutting, piercing, trimming molding, and checking fixtures.
Our dedication to quality, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction have helped us build long term partnerships with many of our customers, including Alder Pelzer, AVTOVAZ, NTF, SEOYON E-HWA, and SCA. Our product portfolio includes molds and fixtures for thermo-acoustic and soft trim headliners, carpets and flooring systems, dash outers, dash inners, underbodies, and trunk trim.
We are able to provide all tooling services from design to simulation to machining to fabrication to try-out all within one company.
Our experience in master model, mock-up, and checking fixture production allows us to offer our expertise to supply precision custom-machined interior molding. Our modern multi-axis machining centers are capable of tolerances within 0.025 mm.
Being in business for 27+ years allows us to provide our clients with extensive automotive interior acoustic and soft trim mold and checking fixture field experience and supplier stability that you can rely upon.
Automotive Soft Trim Acoustic Thermoforming and Compression Molds and Checking Fixtures
We offer molds and checking fixtures for automotive interior acoustics, flooring, soft trim, and other fiber-based systems.
We supply molds and checking fixtures for a wide variety of vehicle components including soft-trim headliners, carpet and flooring, dash outer and dash inner insulators, hood insulators, package tray, truck systems, thermo-acoustic door panels, mud guards, underbody, trunk components, wheel guard liners and more.
With over 27 years of experience, we have knowledge and experience to provide automotive interior trim thermo-acoustic molds and checking fixtures for various types of applications and production technologies. Molds and checking fixtures are used for multi-technological equipment, including thermoplastic and thermostable WET PU, forming, cutting, and trimming and piercing. Our acoustic and soft trim molds and jigs are used for different substrates and covering levels of substrates, including epoxy, chemical wood, fiber, vinyl, fabric, carpet over material, class A surface, fiberglass and non-woven.
From mold concept to finished product, we offer mold design and modeling, design improvement suggestions, material analysis, prototype development and mold try-out process, casting material analysis, and an overall production process review. Relying on our years of experience, our design and engineering team quickly analyses problematic areas and tooling parameters which can affect part quality and develops the best solution for the client and their application.
Product Portfolio | Acoustic and Soft Trim Automotive Molds
We supply soft trim and acoustic molds for a wide range of end products in the automotive internal trim industry.
- Carpet and Floor Assemblies
- Acoustical and Thermal Hood
- Door Soundproofing Acoustic Trim
- Flooring and Carpet Insulation
- Mud Guard
- Hood Insulator
- Package Tray
- Truck and Cargo Liner
- Luggage Mat
- Wheel Guard
- Dash Outer Insulator
- Dash Inner
- Diffusor Lining
- Instrument Panel Insulator
- Tunnel Pad Insulator
- Armrest Insert Liner
Headliner Trim Mold
Floor Carpet Trim Mold
Dash Inner Mold
Dash Outer Mold
Underbody Undercover Mold
Carpet, Flooring, Hood, Diffusor, Wheel Guard Molds
Manufacturing Capabilities | Automotive Acoustic and Soft Trim Molds, Checking Fixtures
We supply automotive molds and checking fixtures for a variety of acoustic and soft trim applications, including large scale and multi-cavity molds for cold forming, thermoforming, cutting and piercing, and cooling systems.
Our expertise and capabilities include the following types of molds and fixtures: cold forming and thermoforming, forming and foaming, compression, trimming and piercing, cooling, cutting jig, lamination jig, electric heating tool, and waterjet jigs.
- Cold Forming and Thermoforming Mold and Fixture Materials Available: AC4C FC25, FC30
- Trimming & Piercing Mold and Fixture Materials Available: FC30, FCD55, SKD-11, SK-5
Tooling production volumes per year:
- Molding, cutting, foaming tools: 350 ~ 500 pcs / year
- Checking fixture, waterjet fixture: 500 ~ 800 pcs / year
- Cutting device, piercing equipment: 30 pcs / year
We use state-of-the-art machinery to produce quality thermoforming, compression and forming molds, and checking fixtures for automotive headliner, carpet tray, flooring undercover, dash inner & outer, diffusor, wheel guard applications.
As a vertically integrated company providing everything from design and engineering through manufacturing and try-outs, all our molds are produced in-house. Our factory is fully equipped with all required production and finishing machinery and for mold and checking fixture manufacturing, including twelve 5-axis double-column CNC high speed machines, radial mills, lathes, drills, welders, 200 ton & 300 ton hydraulic presses for try outs, electric ovens, painting booth, and assembly machinery.
About Automotive Soft Trim Mold and Checking Fixture Production Facility
Based in S. Korea, our job shop has over 27 years of experience building and supporting mold tooling programs for OEMs, Tier I, and Tier II suppliers. Our clients include global automotive Tier I & IIs, such as Adler Pelzer Group, DSK GROUP, and SEOYON E-HWA.
We hold multiple quality control certifications and 12 patents in vehicle interior thermal forming mold field, including patents for water and air cooling type molding apparatus for heat forming bubble sheet.
Our manufacturing facility is ISO 9001:2015 certified. To ensure tooling quality, we have established a separate quality control division for each production process to assure our customers that all QC procedures are performed and followed; all QC procedures are performed in-house.
Our design, engineering, and production team includes ten mold and fixture designers, five die spotting and tool trial engineers with more than 10 years of experience, 20 CNC machine operators, and 20 tool production staff. The following file formats are accepted: Catia V5, AutoCAD, Inventor, Dynavista, Mod View, and CADbro.
Competitive Advantages of LPR Global’s Compression and Thermoforming Molds and Checking fixtures:
- Excellent end part quality
- Design and engineering support during projects
- Stringent quality procedures for each production step
- Company’s financial stability
- Reliable mold and fixture delivery records globally
- Competitive price
- Short lead time
- Flexible payment terms
With an ability to be a turn-key mold and fixture solution provider and an extensive industry expertise, we are able to provide all tooling services from within one company.
Thermoforming and Compression Mold and Fixture Production Process
Our team will work with you to achieve durable and accurate molds and fixtures needed for efficient and cost-effective automotive trim liner and insulator manufacturing processes. We offer a wide variety of tooling capabilities from design engineering support to try-outs and AS support.
- Review of customer’s project RFQ and drawings.
- Conduct a feasibility study of a mold or fixture structure and formability.
- Prepare reference quotation, production schedule, lead time, and delivery information.
- Once PO is received, we hold an internal meeting to discuss design, upcoming fabrication, assembly, and QC and decide on the work schedule and set an overall direction of work.
- Mold design. Design a pattern CATIA DATA based on the meeting results with a customer and internal manufacturing standards.
- Six members of the team from the management, R&D, C/F, tooling teams hold internal meetings twice a week to discuss production progress and results. Executives and staff discuss quality status and improvement methods every first Monday of the month.
- Mold fabrication. Casting-> CNC machining -> semi finishing-> finishing and assembly-> quality control -> try-outs.
- In the middle of project and after mold production is completed, project manager, mold designer, and mold trial technician go over the mold check list to audit the completed products.
In addition to being a mold and fixture manufacturer, we also provide engineering and design analysis for our clients. Such services include:
Material Analysis Support
- Substrate visual and dimensional tests
- Analysis of fabric properties: shrinkage and elongation
- Material used for mold analysis
- 2D and 3D mold and checking fixture design support and modeling
- Custom mold making process analysis
- Mold production process improvements
- Process and equipment evaluation
Prototype Development Support
- Study mold’s performance
- Analysis of prototype testing conditions
- Develop prototype mold try-out process